When I first started looking at home fitness programs, I knew next to nothing other than the fact that I wanted to get fit at home. It turns out that there is quite a lot to learn about doing it right.
First, you have to decide on your goals and expectations, then how much time can you actually dedicate to this?
Finding a good workout program was probably the easy part. As soon as I started to look seriously, one name kept jumping out at me; the P90X workout by Tony Horton of the BeachBody™ company.
If you haven’t heard of the P90X workout schedule, you’re probably in the minority. It is the #1 home-fitness program sold in the United States, and doesn’t appear to be losing popularity.
But, if you’re not familiar with it that’s okay, because my P90x review has all of the information you need to decide whether or not it’s right for you.
The Beachbody P90X workout routine is a full-body workout schedule that trains every part of your body using a variety of exercises and techniques. Developer Tony Horton, who has spent 20 years of his life immersed in the exercise industry, attributes success of the P90X routine to what he calls “Muscle Confusion.”
Muscle confusion is more generally defined as introducing your body to a lot of variety at ever-increasing levels of intensity to avoid allowing your muscles to “plateau,” or get used to the movements. Simply put, it keeps you and your muscles from getting bored by avoiding repetition.
P90X Reviews – Before Starting A Home Workout Program
In many ways a workout is a very personal thing. It’s so personal, in fact, that you should always consult your physician before implementing one. Keeping that in mind, how are you supposed to know what program is right for you?
1. What are your goals/expectations?
If you want “rock-hard abs” or the ability to run a marathon, it is better to accept before you begin that these kinds of goals take hard work. These types of goals require a serious willingness to make a personal investment before you even think about paying for a workout program.
The P90X classic is a 90-day program. Ninety days is a long time for some people, but the results are hard to ignore.
2. How much time can you honestly dedicate to a workout program?
Most people are busy, and you probably fit into this category. Even if you genuinely want to dedicate time to a workout routine, you have to know how much time you have, and how much time it takes.
The P90X asks for about an hour a day, six days a week. If you can’t commit, there is a chance the results will not meet your expectations.
What Is P90X And What’s Included:
Each P90X DVD focuses on a specific core area and/or a specific style of training:
- Chest and Back – classic upper body exercises
- Poly metrics – designed to improve athletic performance
- Shoulders and Arms – pressing, curling and fly movements
- Yoga – integrate focus and relaxation into your workout
- Legs and Back – squats, lunges and pulls
- Kenpo – a martial arts workout that increases endurance, balance and coordination
- Stretch – helps you avoid injuries and muscle “plateaus”
- Core Synergistics – combined core body workout
- Chest, Shoulders and Triceps – more targeted training
- Back and Biceps – toning workout
- Cardio – low-impact cardio to help keep you energized without wearing you out
- Ab Ripper – targets stomach muscles to chisel and tone
The fitness guide gives you step-by-step instruction on how to get started, and how to best maximize your 90-day workout program:
- Demonstrates each exercise
- Shows you how to customize a routine to fit your style of training
- A calendar to keep track of your progress
The 3-phase nutrition guide gives you tips on how to adjust your diet to complement your workout:
- Includes a collection of healthy recipes
- Lays out a meal schedule that will help you plan
- Explains how to seek out the “right” calories to eat
The “How to Bring It” DVD gives you a complete overview of the workout program:
- Includes helpful information about supplements, vitamins and safety
What You Need To Provide (Optional)
The P90X is a complete home workout program, but it does not come with the equipment you will need to complete all of the exercises. In addition to a 6 ft. x 6 ft. area (the minimum space recommended by Beachbody™), you can also maximize your workouts by using these items:
- Set of weightlifting dumbbells or resistance bands (neither of which are very expensive and will help with the bodybuilding side of things)
- Pull-up bar
These items will obviously add some additional cost to the program, but also stand alone in the event you are not satisfied with the P90X and decide to return it within 90 days for a complete refund.
What You Should Expect to Pay When You Buy P90X?
You can find this program, which includes 13 DVDs, a nutrition guide and an exercise planner for $140 at Amazon.com. This is the best price you will find anywhere, and Amazon are one of the most reliable vendors online.
The 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Beachbody™ offers this money-back guarantee to anyone who is not satisfied with the P90X and wishes to return it within 90 days. Simply call the toll-free number to retrieve a Return Authorization code and return the program for a full refund, less shipping and handling.
This guarantee allows you to keep the Ab Ripper and 3-phase nutrition plan as gifts from Beachbody™ for trying P90X.
Does P90x Work? The P90X Reviews Are Impressive
The vast majority of users of this product feel that it is an incredible bargain and comes “as advertised” with plenty of variety packed into a very intense workout routine. Some specific highlights:
- Once started, you can go almost two weeks without repetition
- High level of customization
- Tony Horton’s attitude is inspiring and motivational without being “fake”
- 98% of real-users that gave feedback would recommend it to a friend [over 1400 reviewers] at the Beachbody™ website.
Any User Complaints?
The biggest user “complaint” of users trying the P90x workouts was that they weren’t in good enough shape themselves when they first began, and had to work their way up to make good use of it and see good results. I guess that’s not really a criticism of the P90X fitness training, but rather a realization of their own level of fitness, which was no longer an issue when they dealt with it.
Another complaint is getting DVDs that don’t work, but this often occurs with people who attempt to buy the P90x from an unauthorized dealer or Web site. Aside from that, it is normal to get a few faulty prints in any large batch DVD production, and can be fixed immediately by the top class customer support team.
Note: There are a few sites out there that should not be trusted. Personally, I trust Amazon, and I have never had any problem that was not easily remedied by their support team.
Find More Reviews Here!
For more reviews of p90x results, you should look on Amazon.com which has over 1,227 real reviews from satisfied users. With an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, over 83% of purchasers giving more than 4 stars, and 858 of them give it 5 stars, this is a no-brainer, and it shows no sign of slowing down in the near future. We can buy with confidence.